Here are some ideas of fun things to do in San Diego! This is from my wedding website, but I wanted to publish it here as well.
1. Here’s a pretty awesome overview of things to do in San Diego on a short visit!
2. If you’re staying in the Gaslamp, you can walk down to the ferry and head over to Coronado. There you can walk or bike to the cute downtown, awesome beach or the Hotel Del Coronado for drinks!
3. I love the Cabrillo National monument. Both the views from the old Lighthouse and the tidepools at the base of the cliff are gorgeous!
4. San Diego has become quite well-known for its craft brew scene. In particular, 30th St is known for having pretty awesome bars and restaurants with a wide variety of great beers on tap. 30th St encompasses the neighborhoods of North Park and South Park. North Park has a higher density of bars to walk to and good ones include Toronado, the Linkery and The Office. The Mission Brewery tasting room is right next to PetCo Park and is within walking distance from the Gaslamp.
5. Little Italy is a cute neighborhood centered on India St. There are great coffee shops, gelato shops, bakeries, markets, bars and restaurants. Davanti Enoteca and Isola Pizza Bar are both excellent restaurant choices, although PrepKitchen and Craft & Commerce have quite a buzz.
6. Farmer’s Market: Little Italy (Saturdays, 8-2) and Hillcrest (Sundays, 9-2) are the two best Farmer’s Markets. There’s a lot more than just produce. The prepared food is amazing and there are a lot of awesome vendors. Jimothy’s leather bags and belts at the Hillcrest market are particularly awesome.
7. Caffe Calabria has the best coffee in San Diego. SMS is also a big fan of their pizza (dinner only). Located in the heart of North Park, this is definitely a good starting point to explore the neighborhood!
8. Extraordinary Desserts has the most amazing cakes and other delicious baked goods. The original has a lovely outdoor patio, but can have a really long wait in the Summer. The Little Italy location is larger and has table service. This location also has savory menu items and an amazing cheese bar happy hour on Wednesday evenings!
9. Oceanaire is the restaurant where SMS and I were engaged! The seafood is amazing with the oyster menu being a particular highlight!